“Where there is no vision there is no hope.” ~ George Washington Carver
Kansas Nonprofit Centre, Inc. envisions an effective, vibrant and innovative nonprofit community that improves the quality of life in our state. We are committed to excellence in:
- Nonprofit organizations effectively achieving their missions to improve life in their communities.
- Nonprofit organizations having the resources they need to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Nonprofits having access to high quality and professional training, assistance, and information about effective nonprofit management and best practices.
- Nonprofit community fostering partnership and innovation that will be a catalyze change.
- Business leaders statewide valuing the economic contributions that a thriving nonprofit sector makes to the workforce and the state, and they actively support the work of the sector through financial, human, and other resources.
- The public understanding, appreciation, and contributes generously to the important work of Kansas’s nonprofit organizations.
- Local public officials and Kansas legislators understanding and appreciating the nonprofit sector impact, and they actively maintain a positive regulatory environment that supports the sector’s work.
“To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to the vision and goal.” ~ A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Kansas Nonprofit Centre, Inc. leads, serves and strengthens the capacity of Kansas’ nonprofits that improves the community and quality of life throughout our state.
- Kansas nonprofits help and strengthen the fabric of their communities. Connecting organizations with information, education, collaboration, governance, and government officials, we will help members focus their energy on the people and communities they serve.
- Kansas Nonprofit Centre, Inc. is a professional resource for nonprofit executives, staff and board members. Kansas Nonprofit Centre investment in leadership development and capacity building are crucial to the effectiveness, adaptability, and resilience of Kansas nonprofit leaders, organizations. Through leadership development, we nurture new nonprofit leaders and sustain experienced leaders. Through board development, the Centre will help board leadership to clarify board roles and responsibilities, address issues that are challenging board effectiveness and committed the board’s ability to enhance the quality of life in their community and the State of Kansas. Through capacity building we grow the capabilities and systems needed to achieve shared visions, collaborate strategically, develop resources and deepen community impact.
- Many small nonprofits in sparse areas of Kansas do not have the ability to access resources that more populated areas have. Access to education and resources will be cost-effective, the most current and effective information that they can use in their environment.
- The Kansas Nonprofit Centre will actively produce state-of-the-art (Inter-active classroom web) education access as well as face-to-face access to assist Kansas nonprofit to sustain financial stability and establish “best practices” for transparency and accountability.
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” ~ Joseph Campbell
Kansas Nonprofit Centre, Inc. ascribes to the following values and beliefs:
We value the sector.
- The nonprofit sector throughout Kansas has a proud history of service, innovation, and social change, and the accomplishments of the sector deserve acknowledgment, affirmation, and celebration.
We value continued nonprofit education
- Continuing education is a key component to ensuring the success of the nonprofit organization.
- Provide professional training/development for nonprofit executives, board development, staff improvement, and community stakeholders.
We value accountability and transparency.
- The nonprofit sector statewide must maintain high ethical standards which ensure accountability to the community: donors, volunteers, government, and the public.
- Nonprofit organizations throughout Kansas should serve as responsible and transparent stewards of charitable dollars through adherence to ethical fundraising practices and taxation provisions, prudent expenditures, accurate and timely reporting, and valid measurement and accurate reporting of program outcomes.
We value partnerships.
- Partnerships, connections, and collaborations between the nonprofit sector, the corporate sector, and the public sector are essential to a healthy community and a vibrant state.
We value innovation and the ability to make a difference.
- The nonprofit sector has led to social change, created new ways to improve the quality of life and advanced civil rights. People create new nonprofits and enter the sector to address community, social, cultural and environmental problems with new solutions.
- To meet the challenges of change in the economy, technology, and government policy, the nonprofit community must continue to innovate and invent new ways of strengthening communities and enriching individual lives.
We value equity.
- All parts of the nonprofit sector are equally valued, regardless of size, program focus, or geographic location.
- The diverse needs of individuals and the unique aspect of each community in Kansas.
- Nonprofit services, programs, and facilities should be financially affordable, physically and geographically accessible, and readily available to all those who could benefit from such access.