“Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done.” ~ Louis D. Brandeis
In 2014 the concept of a state association was introduced to nonprofits across Kansas.
Through conversations with different communities, we realized just how void of quality cost-effective training/information was available to many nonprofits. It also was apparent that these nonprofits are often small and could not leave to attend training/education classes. Many were doing the best they could with small budgets and a small staff. They want and need a method to acquire knowledge and additional resource information.
In 2016 state association moved from a concept to developing the association infrastructure.
- Filed with the State of Kansas and received our FEIN number
- Seated the Founding board members
- Developed the structure of the Kansas Nonprofit Centre
- Bylaws and articles were written
- Kansas Nonprofit Centre, Inc. was recognized by the IRS and we received our 501c3 status.
- Partnership with the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits ( Oklahoma State Association)
- Seated the first Board of Director members
- Sent introduction letter to all Kansas nonprofits
In 2017 Kansas Nonprofit Centre has grown
- Organizations became members
- Continued to build the infrastructure
- Held 6 Community Meeting across Kansas
- Partnership with
- Grant Station
- Drury University – Nonprofit Centre
- Started the Education classes- 6 classes were conducted
- Implemented an all-day session course
2018 Kansas Nonprofit Centre continues to build on the success
- Grant Magic U
- BoardSource member
- Partnership with
- Grant Station (continued)
- Jean Block Consulting
- Don Tebbe Consulting
- Implemented a full course of education classes with US instructors
- Develop association membership investments
- Developed and implement the Kansas Leadership Summit concept
- Much more