We recognize that today’s complex nonprofit climate requires executives to have a higher degree of business-focused leadership skills that mirror the same principles and practices that are expected of our nation’s most seasoned for-profit leaders. From fiduciary management and accounting to navigating the complex world of contracting with federal partners, the Centre is committed to helping you be prepared to lead your organization in a business-minded yet mission-based approach.
Centre Education Program Overview
The Centre provides professional, expert lead education and current resources designed specifically for nonprofit leaders, staff, board members, and volunteers with the necessary knowledge and skills to help their organizations become more effective and well-run.
Why Participate in Centre Professional Development?
Kansas nonprofits provide a great return on the public’s investment. By offering high quality educational training programs and resources, the Centre is making an investment in the nonprofit community. Providing and supporting the development of organizations and the network of individuals who lead organizations in making a positive difference to the economy, health, and quality of life in each Kansas community.
Nonprofit organizations and individuals who take advantage of the training and resources that Centre provides are making an investment in their own future. Effective management of human resources, fundraising, volunteers, effective boards and so much more includes the training and development of all levels of a nonprofit’s organization is essential for creating successful results.
All organization staff members and Board members are eligible to take advantage of the discount membership session fee.
Training Platform –
- Zoom Video Conference Webinars
- Face-to-Face The Centre knows that it is also very important to have face-to-face trainings. Some important nonprofit skills can only be effectively instructed by face-to-face interaction. These will be scheduled in the different areas of Kansas.
- Training will be a minimum of once a month for one to three hours.
Zoom Videoconferencing – “Inter-Active Classroom” from your own device.
NO TRAVEL REQUIRED and FREE INSTALLATION.
- Zoom is an easy-to-use web videoconferencing system that works on both PC and Mac computers as well as iOS (Apple), Android, Blackberry, and Windows Surface 2 & 3 devices.
- You will be able to see and hear everything presented in the session and see the participants at the classroom site. You will also be seen and heard by the participants locally, and if the presenter(s) enables it, you can even share documents and your screen if the need arises.
Session Discipline Focus
- Board Development (through the Board Leadership Institute)
- Executive Leadership Mgmt.
- Financial Mgmt.
- Fundraising Mgmt.
- Marketing Mgmt.
Session fee structure
Member single session = $18.00* for all member organizations’ staff. This is a 82% discount.
*Additional staff viewing the same computer will be an additional $12.00. If another staff member wants to use their own computer they must register that computer at the single member fee.
Non-member session = $ 80.00 per session
Series sessions – will be priced differently than the single session.