How to Craft an Effective Social Media Content Calendar
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
Time: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
ZOOM Videoconferencing Technology
This course will teach attendees how to save time on social media management tasks, by creating effective content calendars that will propel their online presence.
Learning Objectives of this Presentation:
- Effective Time Management
- Crafting an engaging social media post
- Utilizing tools that will streamline the process
Overall Goal: After this presentation, the lecture participants should be able to: to walk away with the confidence and motivation to create effective social media content.
Presenters: Julie Riley and Jen Cole, co-founders of depICT Media
Julie Riley is Digital Strategist with a focus on social media, analytics and community management, and has an extensive background in digital marketing. While she is the co-founder of the local social media marketing firm depICT Media with Jen Cole, she is also a Community Manager with San Diego based Social Media Examiner. Julie began her career in digital marketing when she worked for Alef’s Harley-Davidson and was promoting their e-commerce program. Shortly after leaving Alef’s Harley-Davidson, she opened her own custom cake business which was 100% promoted through social media. This is where her passion for social media really began to grow. She took a position with RSM Marketing and was able to develop her strengths in marketing. Julie loves to teach other business owners how to grow their business both organically and through paid advertising on social media and get the best ROI.
Jen Cole is a Social Media Specialist and Community Manager with a strong history in digital marketing. While she is co-founder of the local social media marketing firm depICT Media, she is also the Community Manager for San Diego-based Social Media Examiner. Jen started her career in social media marketing as a Zumba Instructor in an effort to build a following and awareness of her classes. After realizing her passion, she then took on social media roles at the Wichita Eagle as her position allowed. From there she’s worked for Jennings Social Media Marketing out of Kansas City, RSM Marketing, and Sullivan Higdon & Sink. Jen has a strong belief that social media channels should be utilized to grow tight-knit, organic communities of followers who genuinely identify with a brand.
About the Zoom Videoconferencing Technology:
If you are not a member of the Kansas Nonprofit Centre –
- You can have zoom downloaded onto your computer at NO additional cost!
- Using the Zoom Technology is very easy to use. No typing or phone calling your questions to the instructor. All you need to do is speak into your computer and you will hear the answer is realtime. You also will see all other attendees and hear their voices as well. YOU ARE IN A CLASSROOM WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE. No travel required.
- Download link will be sent to you following your registration.
- You will download it ONLY once. You will be able to register for all class sessions and never have to download again.
- If you have already attended you have the link on your computer. Just register and the office will send you the Meeting ID.
If you are a member of the Kansas Nonprofit Centre –
- If you have attended a class session you have already downloaded the Zoom Videoconferencing Technology.
- If you have not had the opportunity to log into a zoom class session – you will be receiving the download link via email.
- You can download it to additional computers in your organization. This way all the staff can register for a class and the Meeting ID will be sent following registration.