“Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader…They set out to make a difference. It’s never about the role – always about the goal.”
Goal 1: Access to Current and Relevant Professional Education. (See Programs and Resources page)
Goal 2: Cost effective education training fees so all nonprofit office will be able to acquire the necessary training to effectively fulfill their mission.
- State-of-the-art Inter-active webinar room training.
- Face-to-face courses will be offered.
- Expert instructors will be vetted to make sure that they understand the topic and can provide the information in an understandable method.
- One on one consultation will be available
Goal 3: Relevant Resources and Innovation (See Programs and Resources page)
The Kansas Nonprofit Centre will work to make sure all resources are the most current information available.
Goal 4: Board Development
- Implement the Board Leadership Blueprint Program – Training new community members to be an active and qualified board member for nonprofits.
- Continued current board development.
- Provide quality board consultation
Goal 5: Foster, lead and demonstrate innovation for the nonprofit community’s future
- Lead Kansan’s to increase charitable giving and generosity
- Implement “Standard of Excellence” Program with a Standard of Excellence Seal.
Goal 6: Strengthen nonprofit workforce and the sustainability of nonprofit organizations through innovation
Kansas Nonprofit Center, Inc. will endeavor to elevate the status and ensure the long-term vitality of Kansas ’s nonprofit sector by
- engaging competent and diverse individuals in its workforce,
- building the sector’s capacity to recruit, develop and retain talent, and
- supporting successful leadership transition
Goal 7: Lead enactment of public policies that strengthen nonprofits and communities
- To assist nonprofits in developing and implementing “Best Practice” policies for the organization.
- To assist developing consistent/standards for employment, volunteers, boards, etc.
- To implement the “Standard of Excellence” program for all Kansas nonprofits.
- Provide training and resources to nonprofits about effective advocacy techniques and permissible lobbying rules; so nonprofit leaders will be able to communicate with key policymakers and the public about issues of importance to nonprofits and communities
- Encourage and facilitate effective working relationships at all levels of government between elected officials, government agencies and nonprofits;
- Provide important state legislative initiative that will have a direct effect on nonprofits ability to conduct their mission and deliver services.