Fundraising plan for effective events
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Time: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
ZOOM Videoconferencing Technology
Annual Development Plans 101
The importance of connecting and integrating your development efforts cannot be understated. As funders continue to trend towards annual investments that are determined prior to fiscal year onset, the ability to solicit and secure gifts in short time frames continues to diminish while convenience, clarity and simplicity in of giving opportunities becomes all the more paramount to funders. Where do you start? By clearly outlining your funding needs and planning from the funder’s perspective by taking into account diverse benefits, acknowledgements, giving capacities and the continued shift to well defined giving priorities by foundations, companies and even individuals. Think backwards to move forward, and figure out where to start!
Lindsey is the recently named Director of Development for Starlight Theatre Association of Kansas City, a nonprofit organization focused on providing world class musical theatre and music in an 8000 seat amphitheater nestled in the heart of historic Swope Park in Kansas City. She is responsible for the fundraising efforts and strategic development for the 20M arts organization as it enters its 68th season in 2018.
For more than a decade prior, Lindsey worked as an events specialist and consultant as well as a developer of new services for Starlight’s subsidiary, EPIC Innovative Events. As part of the EPIC team, Lindsey serviced more than 500 events during her tenure with EPIC for organizations including corporate and nonprofit clients such as Bayer Animal Health, Polsinelli, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City, the National World War I Museum and Memorial, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy and the American Jazz Museum.
She also worked for the Kansas City Care Clinic during its rebranding from the Kansas City Free Health Clinic where she was integral to the rapid growth and trajectory of its award-winning signature fundraising event, “the Bloom Party.”
Lindsey has presented on development cycles and special event integration with Nonprofit Connect and The Association of Fundraising Professionals locally. She is also a 2017 graduate of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s Centurions Leadership Program where she recorded 100+ community service hours with area nonprofits.
A graduate of the University of Kansas with background and personal passion for creative writing and theatre, Lindsey is a lifelong arts advocate, fan and patron.
About the Zoom Videoconferencing Technology:
If you are not a member of the Kansas Nonprofit Centre –
- You can have zoom downloaded onto your computer at NO additional cost!
- Using the Zoom Technology is very easy to use. No typing or phone calling your questions to the instructor. All you need to do is speak into your computer and you will hear the answer is realtime. You also will see all other attendees and hear their voices as well. YOU ARE IN A CLASSROOM WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE. No travel required.
- Download link will be sent to you following your registration.
- You will download it ONLY once. You will be able to register for all class sessions and never have to download again.
- If you have already attended you have the link on your computer. Just register and the office will send you the Meeting ID.
If you are a member of the Kansas Nonprofit Centre –
- If you have attended a class session you have already downloaded the Zoom Videoconferencing Technology.
- If you have not had the opportunity to log into a zoom class session – you will be receiving the download link via email.
- You can download it to additional computers in your organization. This way all the staff can register for a class and the Meeting ID will be sent following registration.