Institute of Education
Date: Thursday, September 27 2018
Time: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
ZOOM Videoconferencing Technology
Okay – it’s been quite a busy year for your nonprofit. Hopefully, you’ve nearly reached or exceeded your FUNdraising goals. But the year isn’t over yet and there is still time for a successful year-end FUNdraising wrap up! This webinar will share practical and useful tips for enhancing your year-end FUNdraising campaign. We’ll discuss everything from writing a FUNdraising letter that works, to tips for getting the envelope opened and how to get the board involved.
Learning Objectives of this Presentation
- Learn all about the YOU:ME ratio and how it will improve your FUNdraising appeal.
- Learn practical tips and ideas to get more out of your year-end appeal, from ways to get the board involved to creative ways to get the envelope/email opened.
Overall Goal: After this presentation, the lecture participants should be able to:
Incorporate practical and useful applications that will enhance year-end FUNdraising campaigns.
About the Presenter :
Jean Block , President of Jean Block Consulting, Inc.
Jean, is a FUNdraising pro with more than 50 years of experience in nonprofit management and board development. Jean has served as both board and staff leader for several local, regional and national nonprofits in the past 50+ years, since she organized her first fundraiser when she was 13. She has been responsible for raising millions of dollars since then. She formed Jean Block Consulting, Inc. in 1996 and is a nationally recognized consultant and trainer in nonprofit management, board development and FUNdraising. In 2006, she formed Social Enterprise Ventures LLC to consult and train nonprofits in business planning for earned income ventures, and has recently transitioned that company to new ownership, but will remain as an advisor. Jean is not only a consultant to many nonprofits across the US, she is an author of numerous publications.
Jean and her husband, John live in Albuquerque NM. She has 2 grown children and 3 grown grandsons.
PUBLICATIONS: Books written and published:
Fast FUNdraising Facts for Fame & Fortune
The ABCs of Building Better Boards
FUNdraising! 180+ Great Ideas to Raise More Money
The Invisible Yellow Line: Clarifying Board and Staff Roles
The Nonprofit Guide to Social Enterprise: Show Me The (Unrestricted) Money!
The Nonprofit Consulting Playbook (contributing author)
Visit her website (jblockinc.com) to learn more.
About the Zoom Videoconferencing Technology:
If you are not a member of the Kansas Nonprofit Centre –
- You can have zoom downloaded onto your computer at NO additional cost!
- Using the Zoom Technology is very easy to use. No typing or phone calling your questions to the instructor. All you need to do is speak into your computer and you will hear the answer is realtime. You also will see all other attendees and hear their voices as well. YOU ARE IN A CLASSROOM WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE. No travel required.
- Download link will be sent to you following your registration.
- You will download it ONLY once. You will be able to register for all class sessions and never have to download again.
- If you have already attended you have the link on your computer. Just register and the office will send you the Meeting ID.
If you are a member of the Kansas Nonprofit Centre –
- If you have attended a class session you have already downloaded the Zoom Videoconferencing Technology.
- If you have not had the opportunity to log into a zoom class session – you will be receiving the download link via email.
- You can download it to additional computers in your organization. This way all the staff can register for a class and the Meeting ID will be sent following registration.